Monday, November 24, 2008

Ring Ring, Hello?

It's my birthday... TODAY! I had a fabolous weekend with my friends/family. We went to sushi on Friday night and celebrated. We talked, laughed and had great food. I got a beautiful new Coach purse from my sisters and my dad, some lovely smell good stuff from VS from my BFF Stacey, some makeup from my friend Melanie. My lovely husband got me makeup, perfume, and makeup stuff. I had all my friends there celebrating with me for my special, except my BFF Mal. :( Sooo sad. But she sent me a funny .25 cent card with a whole dolla in there to get me something special. Whooo hooo, it's about time!!

On to the continued story with my "father". He was supposed to be here for my birthday. I guess on Friday of last week he had some problems with his diabetes meds and ended up going to the hospital. So his wife calls me and tells me and asks for my address so they can ship a package to me. He supposedly got me a ring. We had been talking about it for the past few months but it was one of those things where I didn't wanna get my hopes up. Well I got it yesterday, and it's gorgeous (see pic to the right, except the center stone is brown). Unfortunately though he will not be making it this week. We spoke last night and he hopes to be able to come next month around Christmas. I told him, of course, that his health is more important than risking coming out here and God forbid something happens. So fingers crossed, we will meet next month!

Okay, finally, two more days til Thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite times of the year. I love food. I love family. I love food and family mixed together. I can't wait. I will be sure to post a Thanksgiving blog so look out for that one.

In the meantime thanks to all my special friends and family for making my birthday so wonderful. You all mean the world to me!

P.S. I had to come edit this cause Kels, Marcela and Stacey just brought me roses and my favorite pecan muffin thingies. YUMMMM. I feel so loved.

1 comment:

  1. Hay gurl....I am so sorry I was wrapped up in my own dramatics that I didn't wish you a birthday on your actual day and you were there to help cheer me up (via blackberry chat) last night. I am so glad you had a wonderfu birthday and you got a Coach bag (lucky buster...send me a pic)!

    ReplyDelete